- Coated Electrodes
- Machined Components
- Molded Lead Components
Our extensive technical know-how and capabilities in coated components, include:
- A highly experienced team of R&D, development and manufacturing scientists and engineers focused on coatings
- State of the art physical vapor deposition equipment
- Redundant pilot line
- Manufacturing units that enable seamless transition from prototype to high scale production runs
- In-house precious metal machining expertise and capabilities that speed time to market and provide cost efficiency
- Robust SEM / EDS material analysis equipment
- A suite of testing equipment to measure and verify the electrical characteristics and mechanical properties of coatings
Titanium Nitride (TiN) and Iridium Oxide (IrOx)
Our TiN coating improves stimulation and sensing capabilities, enabling better device performance. The impedance value (at 1 Hz) for Integer’s TiN coated electrodes is found to be on the order of 102 – 103 times lower than that of uncoated metallic electrodes. We have engineered low polarization titanium nitride (TiN) coatings to meet the modern implantable electrode requirements for implantable device applications. Millions of our TiN coated electrodes have been implanted worldwide.
The electrochemically active surface area of the electrode can be increased by coating the electrode with electro-active coatings such as IrOx, which are biocompatible with neural and cardiac tissue and require a lower thickness of coating. This coating optimizes the stimulation electrode design by reducing the size and utilizes less battery power to drive the implantable device.
Integer has extensive experience developing wire-based components and devices. Some of those capabilities and products include:
- Guidewires / components joining
- Core wires
- Coils (conductor or shock)
- Solid wire
- Clad wire
- ETFE & PFA insulation coating
- Laser ablation of coating
- Laser welding of components
- Custom machined components
- Precious metal
Listed below are areas of tubing that we produce, which meets stringent design requirements and a wide range of functional demands.
Polymer Tubing Types
- Film Cast Tube Fabrication
- Composite and Reinforced Tubing
- Precious Metal Manufacturing
- Marker Band Fabrication & Electrode Rings
- Multi-layer Tubing Materials
- Metal Tube Drawing
We manufacture the following component and connector product types:
- Connector Blocks
- Electrodes for Headers
- Set screws
- Welded Assemblies
- Bore assemblies
- Antennae, Formed wire
- Coils, Charging
Features and types of molded components include:
- Integration of specialized molding equipment, measurement equipment and an advanced scientific molding methodology.
- Implant and small to micro molding applications with inserts including multi-shot solutions.
- Press sizes range from 55 ton to 10 ton and with shot sizes of 2 oz down to .2 oz.
- Vertical integration that allows for internal manufacture of sub-assemblies and components, which offers critical process control of inserts for better molding outcomes.
- A number of materials available based on applications needed:
- PEEK (Victrex)
- PEI (Utem)
- PPA (Amodel,Gilamid)
- LCP (Vectra)
- PS (Radel, Udel)
- TPU (Elasthane, Tecothane)