- Lead Systems
- Coated Electrodes
- Device Headers
- Wire-based Products
- Polymer Tubing
- Machined Components
- Molded Components
- Metal Tubing
In collaboration, we design, develop and manufacture sensing and/or stimulation leads for our customers’ implantable device systems. Our design engineers understand the complexity that goes into developing advanced cutting edge lead systems to meet your application requirements from selecting the best materials to utilizing leading industry processes.
We have experience in building custom lead systems such as:
- Percutaneous Leads
- Paddle Leads
- Cuff Leads
In addition to our custom development programs, Integer offers non-proprietary lead systems and implant tools to speed development timelines.
MyoPore® Sutureless Bipolar Epicardial Pacing Lead Key Features:
- Platinized 10mm2 electrode
- Available in 25, 35 and 54 cm lengths with IS-1 connectors
- Low profile construction for reduced electrode head size
- Quadrifilar inner conductor
- Full 3.5mm electrode penetration
- Quadrichannel anode electrode provides increased surface area
FasTac® Flex Epicardial Lead Implant Tool
The FasTac® Flex works in conjunction with Greatbatch Medical’s MyoPore® line of sutureless epicardial leads. This unique tool provides remote distal deflection capabilities, remote lead rotation for insertion of the helix into the myocardium and remote lead release and regrasping capabilities.
FasTac® Myocardial Lead Implant Tool
Every MyoPore lead includes the FasTac® implant tool for insertion onto the surface of the ventricular epicardium of the heart. The unique design of the implant tool allows for a quick, one-handed motion for release of the lead after attachment. The distal end of the tool is designed to provide regrasping, reloading and repositioning of the lead, if necessary.
Adaptors link existing leads to new active implantable medical devices. We select the best material and utilize leading industry processes to ensure optimal performance and reliability between new and existing technologies. In addition to our custom development programs, Integer offers non-proprietary adaptors to speed development timelines. Our standard configurations are sold through the major OEM companies as additions to product lines in the markets of cardiac rhythm management, neuromodulation and hearing restoration.
Integer has strong technical know-how and capabilities in coated components, including:
- Highly experienced team of R&D, development and manufacturingscientists and engineers focused on coatings
- State of the art physical vapor deposition equipment
- Redundant pilot line
- Manufacturing units that enable seamless transition from prototype to high scale production runs
- In-house precious metal machining expertise and capabilities that speed time to market and provide cost efficiency
- Robust SEM / EDS material analysis equipment
- A suite of testing equipment to measure and verify the electrical characteristics and mechanical properties of our coatings
We offer Titatium Nitride (TiN) and Iridium Oxide (IrOx)
Our TiN coating improves stimulation and sensing capabilities, enabling better device performance. The impedance value (at 1 Hz) for Integer’s TiN coated electrodes is found to be on the order of 102 – 103 times lower than that of uncoated metallic electrodes. Integer has engineered low polarization titanium nitride (TiN) coatings to meet the modern implantable electrode requirements for implantable device applications. Millions of Integer’s TiN coated electrodes have been implanted worldwide.
The electrochemically active surface area of the electrode can be increased by coating the electrode with electro-active coatings such as IrOx. Our IrOx coatings are biocompatible with neural and cardiac tissue and require a lower thickness of coating. Additionally, this coating optimizes the stimulation electrode design by reducing the size and utilizes less battery power to drive the implantable device.
Integer designs and manufactures custom device headers to integrate the critical link between the electronics and the stimulation leads to provide headers that are robust, efficient and reliable. Our capabilities extend to the design, build and testing of custom medical device headers with expertise in all aspects of the process. We can build complex shapes within ± 0.0005” and can perform multiple draws (up to 5) with a wall thickness as thin as 0.
- Precious Metal Machining
We use materials such as:
- Titanium (grades 1,2,5,9 and 23)
- Stainless steel
- Silicone and urethane blends
Integer has extensive experience developing wire-based components and devices. Our state-of-the-art processing equipment and expertise are among the best in the industry.
Some of our capabilities and products include the following.
- Guidewires / components joining
- Core Core wires
- Coils (conductor or shock)
- SolidSolid wire
- Clad wire
- ETFE & PFA insulation coating
- Laser ablation of coating
- Laser welding of components
- Custom machined components
- Precious metal
Integer’s state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies and processes enables us to produce polymer tubing that meets stringent design requirements and a wide range of functional demands.
We cover the following categories.
- Film Cast Tube Fabrication
- Composite and Reinforced Tubing
Integer uses state-of-the-art equipment and the latest programming technology to manufacture machined medical device components. We provide comprehensive machining solutions, whether customer projects require Swiss, CNC, EDM, multi-axis grinding, or laser machining.
Some of the lead components we manufacture include:
- Stimulation lead and catheter components
- Machined electrodes and tips
- Marker bands
- Specialty components
Integer leverages specialized equipment and fully integrated chain capabilities to provide an array of molding solutions.
Our capabilities include:
- Insert Molding
- Molded Hubs/ Overmolding
- Injection Molding
- Implantable Molding
Integer provides a comprehensive suite of metal tube manufacturing capabilities and processes. Our integrated metal tube manufacturing capabilities enable a streamlined supply chain, ensure product quality, and provide short development and delivery timelines.
We specialize in:
- Precious Metal Manufacturing
- Marker Band Fabrication & Electrode Rings
- Multi-layer Tubing Materials
- Metal Tube Drawing