- Lead Systems
- Device Headers
- Wire-based Products
- Polymer Tubing
- Metal Tubing
- Coated Electrodes
In collaboration, we design, develop and manufacture sensing and/or stimulation leads for our customers’ implantable device systems. Our design engineers understand the complexity that goes into developing advanced cutting edge lead systems to meet your application requirements from selecting the best materials to utilizing leading industry processes.
- Percutaneous Leads
- Paddle Leads
- Cuff Leads
Integer works with customers to design, develop and manufacture custom lead adaptors specially for a customer’s clinical application. We utilize leading industry processes to ensure optimal performance and reliability between new and existing technologies. In addition to our custom development programs, Integer offers off-the-shelf adaptors to speed development timelines. Our standard configurations are sold through the major OEM companies as additions to product lines in the markets of cardiac rhythm management, neuromodulation and hearing restoration.
Device headers are a critical link between stimulation leads and the pulse generator. Integer designs and manufactures custom device headers that integrate leading feedthrough technology and header components to provide lasting reliable therapy. Our capabilities extend to design, build and testing pf custom headers. We can build complex shapes within ± 0.0005” and can perform multiple draws (up to 5) with a wall thickness as thin as 0. Some of our capabilities include:
- Precious Metal Machining
We use materials such as:
- Titanium (grades 1,2,5,9 and 23)
- Stainless steel
We understand that both speed and quality matter which is why we maintain:
- Six Sigma quality control and inspection
- ISO 13485 certified facilities
Contact us for a detailed quote and see how we can add value to your supply chain.
Integer has extensive experience developing wire-based components and devices. Our state-of-the-art processing equipment and expertise are among the best in the industry. Some of our capabilities and products include the following.
- Guidewires / components joining
- Core Core wires
- Coils (conductor or shock)
- SolidSolid wire
- Clad wire
- ETFE & PFA insulation coating
- Laser ablation of coating
- Laser welding of components
- Custom machined components
- Precious metal
Integer’s state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies and processes enables us to produce polymer tubing that meets stringent design requirements and a wide range of functional demands. We cover the following categories.
- Film Cast Tube Fabrication
- Composite and Reinforced Tubing
Integer provides a comprehensive suite of metal tube manufacturing capabilities and processes. Our integrated metal tube manufacturing capabilities enable a streamlined supply chain, ensure product quality, and provide short development and delivery timelines.
- Precious Metal Manufacturing
- Marker Band Fabrication & Electrode Rings
- Multi-layer Tubing Materials
- Metal Tube Drawing
Integer has strong technical know-how and capabilities in coated components, including:
- Highly experienced team of R&D, development and manufacturing scientists and engineers focused on coatings
- State of the art physical vapor deposition equipment
- Redundant pilot line
- Manufacturing units that enable seamless transition from prototype to high scale production runs
- In-house precious metal machining expertise and capabilities that speed time to market and provide cost efficiency
- Robust SEM / EDS material analysis equipment
- A suite of testing equipment to measure and verify the electrical characteristics and mechanical properties of our coatings
Titanium Nitride (TiN) Coatings
Our TiN coating improves stimulation and sensing capabilities, enabling better device performance. The impedance value (at 1 Hz) for Integer’s TiN coated electrodes is found to be on the order of 102 – 103 times lower than that of uncoated metallic electrodes. Integer has engineered low polarization titanium nitride (TiN) coatings to meet the modern implantable electrode requirements for implantable device applications. Millions of Integer’s TiN coated electrodes have been implanted worldwide.
Iridium Oxide (IrOx) Coatings
The electrochemically active surface area of the electrode can be increased by coating the electrode with electro-active coatings such as IrOx. Our IrOx coatings are biocompatible with neural and cardiac tissue and require a lower thickness of coating. Additionally, this coating optimizes the stimulation electrode design by reducing the size and utilizes less battery power to drive the implantable device.